Friday, March 30, 2012

Revamping instead of Rebuying




I used cotton clothesline from Fred Meyer it was about $4 a package and I need 3/chair
Wrap tight in one direction
The view from the underside should look as good as the view from above

I had these iron bar stools, covered in leather. I thought they would hold up well with three boys. They became increasingly uncomfortable because the leather stretched and holes started appearing. Then somebody fell thru the seat. What to do? I couldn't throw them away, what a waste. I'm not savvy in the leather department, so no recovering with leather. Besides the leather stretched out, and I didn't want to recover them only to have it stretch out again.  So I was looking for inspiration... I have this little child's rocker that's been handed down for four generations. The seat was woven with clothesline by my grandmother. She has since passed on, so she couldn't share her technique, but I figured it out and voila, my grandmother taught me how to weave a seat.
(A bit harder on the cuticles) Now weave three rows at a time, alternating, in the other direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment