Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My love for all things Potter



I'm a fan of Pintrest. It saves me from ever spending money on another magazine, and I get all I want, anytime I want. I saw a Harry Potter mobile, inspired from the Sorcerers Stone with the flying keys. I of course save old skeleton keys. I also know you can get them at the old fashion locksmith shops that now a days are far and few. So I'm off and running with a new project.... 


Supplies and latte on hand!


Draw wings on velum with colored sharpies and cut them out with an exacto knife. (I only had baby blue velum on hand)



Give them a wash of iridescent gold acrylic paint. Iridester is bester!




Hot glue the wings to the keys. Use nylon invisible string to hang them. 



Attach the winged keys to the ceiling with little white cup hooks. It this case I attached them to the bathroom exhaust fan which makes them move when the fan goes on. 
My boys think I'm the coolest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment