Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Little Garden Inspiration

A bit of Peace
I thought I'd share my garden. Maybe you are a gardener or aspire to be one. Maybe you just enjoy one without the work. 
Hopefully I can inspire. 

 I grew up with a mother who has a passion for gardening. When I was little she drug me to nurseries, iris shows, exhibits at the Solano County Fairgrounds, and various horticulture gardens. I said I'd never garden, but it must of seeped into my pores, because here I am digging in the dirt for peace, and getting excited over how many earthworms I have. 

Little me on the back of mom's Honda


Every year mom and I have a standing date to either the Seattle or Portland garden show. Coffee in hand we walk the isles getting inspired. I now drag my children to gardens pointing out the beauty and naming the plants. I hope you enjoy and maybe find a little inspiration in my first garden.






My hand painted welcome rock. I used a sharpie and my best writing. Drift wood from camp last year.


Zinc containers by the front door hold Lavender and Rosemary

I have lots of herbs planted in and around the plants. Oregano, chives, and thyme grow like weeds. I squeeze in a tomato or two and a wine barrel full of mint for mojitos. 


Let me take you down the garden path...


Mostly a bit of humor directed at my mother.


An old chair turned into a planter



My husband and I dug every hole and laid every stone. We are quite proud of how our garden path turned out.

Don't piss off the Fairies!
A handmade gift from my mom.




Our little romantic corner for two.

 Also a great spot to keep an eye on the kids while they play. 



The back garden gate. I carefully cut the window out and put in a metal trivet I got from Fred Meyer. The gate handle is a piece of drift wood. 
Our neighbor helped with the trellis. 

The back garden

I always feel every room needs a bit of humor


The back patio is always a work in progress. We now have two tables to accommodate all.
I love over stuffed flower pots. I take pictures of inspiring ones and try to copy them on my own. I find that because we don't have a long warm season in the Seattle area, I need to buy my plants more mature. They aren't as big as I was hoping this year. 


This was my inspiration from Disney World last year. 

Disney Planter





View from the corner


Our door knocker that we bought on our honeymoon in England
Well hope I inspired you and gave you a few ideas for your own. 
 Knock on the door and we"ll have a Mojito in the garden.




1 comment:

  1. I never knew that hippie sign was for me. Guess I need to use the side entrance after this!
    I tried to register and follow and it wouldn't let me. I'll try another time and hopefully be successful then. xoxo

    ReplyDelete